As with all these exercises, don't think about it (yet) - just give it a go.
- Find a photo - any photo with a person or animal in it.
- Stick a speech bubble on top (electronically or just cut out a bit of paper)
- Now walk away from the image and have a cup of tea.
- If you're reading this after you read the last point then you haven't had a cup of tea - go and have a cup of tea.
- Go back to your photo and add some text to the bubble.
At this point, I could point out that this activity activates a whole range of brain regions to connect visual memory to emotional interpretation and language functions. I could also point out that it does introduce certain graphic communication skills.
But in reality, it's just good fun...